Current Prices and Historical Series in Several Countries
Chart Description. Intratec provides Trimethylolpropane prices in several countries, as follows:
Chart Instructions. Hover the mouse over the series to view the respective Trimethylolpropane prices plotted. You can filter a given Trimethylolpropane price series by clicking on the respective legend label, right above the chart.
About Trimethylolpropane. Trimethylolpropane (a.k.a. TMP) is an organic compound, in the alcohol class, specifically classified as a triol. It is a white, odorless salt, soluble in water and in most organic solvents, with hygroscopic characteristics. Trimethylolpropane is considered a building block in the polymer industry, as it is largely used as an additive or intermediate in the production of a broad range of plastics and polymers.
Chemical Formula. C6H14O3
Commercial Grades. technical grade; lubricant grade; and liquid form (hot melt).
Uses. Trimethylolpropane is largely used as an additive or intermediate in the production of a broad range of plastics and polymers. By way of illustration, this polyol is used in the manufacture of urethanes and polyester resins; lubricants; lacquers; glues; adhesives; dyes; pigments; paints; silicone products; textile finisher; and food packaging adhesive compound.
- Formaldehyde + n-butyraldehyde + sodium hydroxide (aldol condensation followed by Cannizzaro reaction)
- Formaldehyde + propylene + syngas + sodium hydroxide (hydroformylation/aldol condensation followed by Cannizzaro reaction)
- Methanol + n-butyraldehyde + sodium hydroxide (oxidation/aldol condensation followed by Cannizzaro reaction)
- Methanol + propylene + syngas + sodium hydroxide (oxidation/hydroformylation/aldol condensation followed by Cannizzaro reaction)
To know more about Trimethylolpropane production processes, click here.
Derivatives. alkyd resins; polyether polyols; and trimethylolpropane trimethacrylate.
Methodology. The pricing data presented are, if not otherwise indicated, volume-weighted average transaction prices including contract and spot transactions in the locations specified. The information provided is obtained from gathering and refining of trade data officially reported for the respective countries (i.e., governmental agencies, institutions related to foreign trade and industry publications). For further details check our Methodology.
Access Free Samples
- More Recent Trimethylolpropane Prices
- Prices in Several Countries
- Immediate Access
Get Full Access
- Prices for Trimethylolpropane
- Downloadable Data (Excel Format)
- Customizable Charts
- Prices for 75 Other Chemicals