Trimethylolpropane Latest Prices and Historical Series
Chart Description. This chart presents Trimethylolpropane prices in several countries, as follows:
About Trimethylolpropane. Trimethylolpropane (a.k.a. TMP) is an organic compound, in the alcohol class, specifically classified as a triol. It is a white, odorless salt, soluble in water and in most organic solvents, with hygroscopic characteristics. Trimethylolpropane is considered a building block in the polymer industry, as it is largely used as an additive or intermediate in the production of a broad range of plastics and polymers.
Chemical Formula. C6H14O3
Commercial Grades. Technical grade; lubricant grade; liquid form (hot melt)
Uses. Trimethylolpropane is largely used as an additive or intermediate in the production of a broad range of plastics and polymers. By way of illustration, this polyol is used in the manufacture of urethanes and polyester resins., lubricants, lacquers, glues, adhesives, dyes, pigments, paints, silicone products, textile finisher and food packaging adhesive compound.
- Formaldehyde + n-butyraldehyde + sodium hydroxide (aldol condensation followed by Cannizzaro reaction)
- Formaldehyde + propylene + syngas + sodium hydroxide (hydroformylation/aldol condensation followed by Cannizzaro reaction)
- Methanol + n-butyraldehyde + sodium hydroxide (oxidation/aldol condensation followed by Cannizzaro reaction)
- Methanol + propylene + syngas + sodium hydroxide (oxidation/hydroformylation/aldol condensation followed by Cannizzaro reaction)
To know more about Trimethylolpropane production processes, click here.
Derivatives. Trimethylolpropane is used as raw material in the production of the following derivates: Alkyd resins; polyester resins; polyether polyols; polyurethane; trimethylolpropane trimethacrylate.
Methodology. The chemicals pricing data presented are, if not otherwise indicated, volume-weighted average transaction prices including contract and spot transactions in the locations specified. The information provided is obtained from gathering and refining of trade data officially reported for the respective countries (i.e., governmental agencies, institutions related to foreign trade and industry publications). For further details check our Chemicals Pricing Data Methodology.
See More Data ...
- More Trimethylolpropane Prices
- Prices in Several Countries
- No Credit Card Required
- Immediate Access