Acetic Anhydride Prices
Chart Description. This chart presents Acetic Anhydride prices in several countries, as follows:
Chart Instructions. Hover the mouse over the series to view the respective Acetic Anhydride prices plotted. You can filter a given Acetic Anhydride price series by clicking on the respective legend label, right above the chart.
About Acetic Anhydride. Acetic Anhydride (a.k.a. Ethanoic Anhydride, Acetyl Oxide, Acetic Oxide) is a colorless liquid with an odor that resembles acetic acid. It is the most produced carboxylic acyd anhydride in the world. Acetic anhydride is considered one of the main organic intermediates because it has an important role in many chemical reactions, like acetylations, production of other acid anhydrides, hydrolysis to produce acetic acid and many others. It is widely used as a solvent for chemical analyses as well.
Chemical Formula. (CH3CO)2CO
Commercial Grades. CP grade; tecnhincal grade; 75%; 85%; 90-95%
Uses. Acetic Anhydride is mainly used as reagent (acetylation, condensation, dehydration) and solvent for chemical analyses.
- Acetaldehyde + oxygen (liquid-phase oxidation process, coproduced with acetic acid)
- Methyl acetate/methanol + carbon monoxide (methyl acetate carbonylation processes, coproduced with acetic acid)
- Acetic acid + ketene (addition)
- Methanol + methyl acetate/carbon monoxide (methyl acetate carbonylation processes, coproduced with acetic acid)
- Methyl acetate + carbon monoxide (carbonylation)
To know more about Acetic Anhydride production processes, click here.
Derivatives. Acetic Anhydride is used as raw material in the production of acetazolamide, acetic acid and acetylsalicylic acid.
Methodology. The chemicals pricing data presented are, if not otherwise indicated, volume-weighted average transaction prices including contract and spot transactions in the locations specified. The information provided is obtained from gathering and refining of trade data officially reported for the respective countries (i.e., governmental agencies, institutions related to foreign trade and industry publications). For further details check our Chemicals Pricing Data Methodology.
See More Data ...
- More Acetic Anhydride Prices
- Download Data in Excel Format
- Customize Chart Currency & Unit
- Download Chart Image as JPEG
- Prices of 134 Chemicals
- Pricing Data in Several Countries
- No Credit Card Required
- Immediate Access