Chart Description. This chart presents Silicone prices in several countries, as follows:
Chart Instructions. Hover the mouse over the series to view the respective Silicone prices plotted. You can filter a given Silicone price series by clicking on the respective legend label, right above the chart.
About Silicone. Silicone is a class of polymers, in which silicon atoms are linked via oxygen atoms, each silicon atom bearing one or several organic groups (usually methyl or phenyl in industrial production). Silicon compounds are quite abundant in nature, but silicones are not found naturally. They were first synthetized in 1930, with industrial production beginning nine years later and growing rapidly in the years that followed, a result of the high demand for silicones in World War II. Currently, they have a wide variety of commercial forms and applications, ranging from automotive to pharmaceutical industries.
Chemical Formula. [—OSiR2—]n, R not equal to H
Commercial Grades. Fluids; emulsions; solutions; resins; pastes; elastomers; powders
Uses. Medical implants; heat transfer media; water proofing agent; lubricants; adhesives; contact lenses; soaps; inks; cosmetics; surfactants; dental molds; paper; textile coating
- Dimethylsiloxane oligomers + strong acid (such as hydrochloric acid or sulfuric acid) + strong base (such as sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide) + silicon tetrachloride (polycondensation)
- Dimethylsiloxane oligomers + trichlorophenylsilane/trichloromethylsilane + silicon tetrachloride (Grignard reaction followed by hydrolysis and polymerisation)
- Cyclic oligodiorganosiloxanes + strong base (such as sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide) + silicon tetrachloride (ring opening polymerization)
- Siloxane (emulsion polymerization)
To know more about Silicone production processes, click here.
Derivatives. Silicone fluids; silicone liquid-injection-molding rubber; foam rubber; silicone resins; silicone oils; organosilicone coating products; RTV silicone compounds
Methodology. The chemicals pricing data presented are, if not otherwise indicated, volume-weighted average transaction prices including contract and spot transactions in the locations specified. The information provided is obtained from gathering and refining of trade data officially reported for the respective countries (i.e., governmental agencies, institutions related to foreign trade and industry publications). For further details check our Chemicals Pricing Data Methodology.
See More Data ...
- More Silicone Prices
- Download Data in Excel Format
- Customize Chart Currency & Unit
- Download Chart Image as JPEG
- Prices of 134 Chemicals
- Pricing Data in Several Countries
- No Credit Card Required
- Immediate Access