Petroleum Coke Prices
Current Prices, Historical Series and Forecasts in Several Countries
Introduction. Intratec provides Petroleum Coke prices in several countries, as follows:
About Petroleum Coke. Petroleum Coke is a solid, carbon-rich material, derived from crude oil refining. More specifically, coke is a bottom of the barrel by-product, result of the end of the cracking process. It is a grayish-black solid, that is usually distinct in two varieties: fluid coke, and flexicoking coke (although other classifications are used, such as needle, honeycomb, sponge, shot and others). Fluid coke, or green coke, is obtained from delayed cooking processes and the flexicoking are fine grained, with a great level of isotropy. There is also calcinated coke, which is a product of green coke, after above 1300°C heating.
Commercial Grades. Shot coke; needle coke; sponge coke, green coke; fluid coke; flexicoke
Uses. Petroleum coke is used mainly as fuel, and as a component of electrodes.
- Short residue (delayed coking process, coproduced with gas oil, heavy/naphtha, heavy/sponge coke, green/gas oil, light/refinery gas)
- Pyrolysis tar/coal tar pitch/heavy cycle oil (delayed coking process, coproduced with gas oil, heavy/ naphtha, heavy/pyrene/gas oil, light/refinery gas)
- Coal tar pitch (delayed coking process, coproduced with gas oil, heavy/naphtha, heavy/pyrene/gas oil, light/ refinery gas)
- Short residue (delayed coking process, coproduced with gas oil, heavy/naphtha, heavy/shot coke/gas oil, light/refinery gas)
- Gas oil, vacuum (fluid coking, coproduced with gas oil, heavy/naphtha, heavy/refinery gas)
- Gas oil, vacuum (Flexicoke process)
Derivatives. Petroleum coke is used as raw material in the production of the following chemicals: carbon, molded; coke oven gas; metallurgical coke; silicon carbide; sponge coke, calcined; synthesis gas.
Methodology. The chemicals pricing data presented are, if not otherwise indicated, volume-weighted average transaction prices including contract and spot transactions in the locations specified. The information provided is obtained from gathering and refining of trade data officially reported for the respective countries (i.e., governmental agencies, institutions related to foreign trade and industry publications). For further details check our Chemicals Pricing Data Methodology.
Access Free Samples
- More Recent Petroleum Coke Prices
- Prices in Several Countries
- Immediate Access
Subscribe for Full Access
- Prices for Petroleum Coke & Forecasts
- Downloadable Data (Excel Format)
- Customizable Charts
- Prices for 133 Other Chemicals