Oxalic Acid Prices
Current Prices and Historical Series in Several Countries
Introduction. Intratec provides Oxalic Acid prices in several countries, as follows:
About Oxalic Acid. Oxalic Acid (a.k.a. Ethanedioic Acid) is the simplest dicarboxylic acid. It forms a colorless crystalline solid that, when dissolved in water, forms a colorless solution. Oxalic acid is available commercially as the dihydrate. It occurs naturally in plants and vegetables and it has important roles in human, plant and algal metabolism. It is manly used as an analytical reagent and as reducing agent.
Chemical Formula. HOOCCOOH
Commercial Grades. Technical (crystals and powder); CP
Uses. Oxalic acid is mainly used as aluminum anodizing agent; leather tanning agent; marble polishing agent; ink stain remover; and textile dyeing agent.
- Guethol + glyoxylic acid (carbonyl addition/oxidation/ decarboxylation)
- Acetaldehyde + nitric acid (oxidation; byproduct of glyoxal production)
- Sucrose/molasses/starch + nitric acid (oxidative cleavage)
- Dimethyl oxalate (transesterification/ester hydrolysis)
- Sodium Formate + sulfuric acid (thermal dehydrogenation/acid formation)
To know more about Oxalic Acid production processes, click here.
Derivatives. Oxalic Acid is used as raw material in the production of the following derivates: p-aminooxanilic acid; ceftriaxone; diethyl oxalate; dimethyl oxalate; ethyl oxalyl chloride; oxaliplatin; oxalyl chloride; potassium oxalate; and sodium oxalate.
Methodology. The chemicals pricing data presented are, if not otherwise indicated, volume-weighted average transaction prices including contract and spot transactions in the locations specified. The information provided is obtained from gathering and refining of trade data officially reported for the respective countries (i.e., governmental agencies, institutions related to foreign trade and industry publications). For further details check our Chemicals Pricing Data Methodology.
Access Free Samples
- More Recent Oxalic Acid Prices
- Prices in Several Countries
- Immediate Access
Subscribe for Full Access
- Prices for Oxalic Acid
- Downloadable Data (Excel Format)
- Customizable Charts
- Prices for 133 Other Chemicals