Ammonium Sulfate Prices
Current Prices and Historical Series in Several Countries
Introduction. Intratec provides Ammonium Sulfate prices in several countries, as follows:
About Ammonium Sulfate. Ammonium Sulfate (a.k.a. Ammonium Tetraoxosulfate(VI), Mascagnite) is an inorganic salt with brownish to white crystal solid appearance (depending on the purity), odorless, soluble in water and insoluble in most organic solvents. Having nitrogen (21% w/w) and sulfur (24% w/w) in its structure, very important nutrients in plant growth, ammonium sulfate is widely used as a fertilizer. The salt also has other commercial applications, such as food processing, fire control and livestock feed.
Chemical Formula. (NH4)2SO4
Commercial Grades. FCC grade (min. 99.9% purity); technical/commercial/pure grade (min. 99% purity); enzyme grade (no heavy metals)
Uses. Ammonium Sulfate is mainly employed as fertilizer; fireproofing/retardant compositions (paper, textiles, wood); fire extinguishant powder; tanning; livestock feed; food additive; fermentation nutrient; taste/odor control in water treatment; viscose rayon production; and photographic chemical.
- Sulfuric acid + ammonia (salt formation)
- Cyclohexanone + ammonia + fuming sulfuric acid (oleum) (Beckmann rearrangement, ammonium sulfate is recovered as a byproduct of caprolactam production)
- Ammonia + sulfuric acid plant tails gases (desulfurization)
- Formamide (amide hydrolysis, ammonium sulfate is recovered as a byproduct of formic acid production)
- Gypsum (CaSO4·2H2O) + ammonium carbonate (gypsum frequently comes as FGD product in coal power plants)
Derivatives. Ammonium Sulfate is used as raw material in the production of the following derivates: aminoacetonitrile sulfate; ammonium alum; ammonium chloride; ammonium dichromate; ammonium persulfate; chromium; chromium oxide; cuprous oxide; nitrophosphate; and Prussian Blue.
Methodology. The chemicals pricing data presented are, if not otherwise indicated, volume-weighted average transaction prices including contract and spot transactions in the locations specified. The information provided is obtained from gathering and refining of trade data officially reported for the respective countries (i.e., governmental agencies, institutions related to foreign trade and industry publications). For further details check our Chemicals Pricing Data Methodology.
Access Free Samples
- More Recent Ammonium Sulfate Prices
- Prices in Several Countries
- Immediate Access
Subscribe for Full Access
- Prices for Ammonium Sulfate
- Downloadable Data (Excel Format)
- Customizable Charts
- Prices for 133 Other Chemicals