Chart Description. This chart presents Cumene prices in several countries, as follows:
Volume-weighted average transaction prices presented, reflect the average values practiced, including contract and spot transactions in the locations specified.
Chart Instructions. Hover the mouse over the series to view the respective Cumene prices plotted. You can filter a given Cumene price series by clicking on the respective legend label, right above the chart.
About Cumene. Cumene (a.k.a. Isopropylbenzene) is an aromatic compound found in crude oil. It is primarily used as a raw material in the manufacture of phenol, acetone, and methyl styrene - compounds with many chemical and industrial uses. In fact, the production of cumene is largely associated with the demand for phenol and phenol derivatives.
Chemical Formula. C6H5CH(CH3)2
Commercial Grades. Technical grade, research grade, pure grade.
Uses. Organic solvent in pharmaceuticals, flow control agent for thermoplastic elastomers.
- Benzene + propylene (alkylation process using an aluminum chloride catalyst)
- Benzene + propylene (alkylation process using a solid phosphoric acid catalyst)
- Benzene + propylene (alkylation process using a zeolite catalyst)
- Cumene hydroperoxide + propylene (coproduct in Sumitomo propylene oxide process)
To know more about Cumene production processes, click here.
Derivatives. Acetone; acetophenone; cumene hydroperoxide; cumenesulfonic acid; cumidine; p-isopropylbenzaldehyde; α-methylstyrene; phenol.
Methodology. The chemicals pricing data Intratec provides its customers with is obtained from the collection/refining of foreign trade data officially reported by the respective countries. Usually, such information is reported by governmental agencies and/or institutions related to foreign trade, or by statistical surveys conducted by countries/organizations. For further details about “Chemicals Pricing Data Methodology”, click here.
See More Data ...
- More Cumene Prices
- Download Data in Excel Format
- Customize Chart Currency & Unit
- Download Chart Image as JPEG
- Prices of 131 Chemicals
- Pricing Data in Several Countries
- No Credit Card Required
- Immediate Access