Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene Price History & Forecast
Historical Prices in USA, Belgium, China, Thailand & Forecast
About Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene. Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (also known as ABS) resin is a polymer with great properties, related to toughness, dimensional stability, processability, and chemical resistance - in fact, it is one of the main engineering thermoplastics. The largest market for ABS resins worldwide is for appliances, such as extruded door and tank liners, kitchen appliances and power tools. Manufacturing processes for ABS involve the polymerization of styrene and acrylonitrile monomers in the presence of an elastomer.
Chart Description. The chart above presents indicative transaction prices for bulk quantities of ABS (all grades included) for the countries listed below.
- South Africa: import price, CIF (recent two months are preliminary)
- Brazil: import price, CIF (last month is preliminary)
- Belgium: export price, FOB (recent three months are preliminary + 9-month forecast)
- Turkey: import price, CIF (recent three months are preliminary + 9-month forecast)
- USA: export price, FOB (recent two months are preliminary + 9-month forecast)
- China: import price, CIF (recent four months are preliminary + 9-month forecast)
- Thailand: import price, CIF (recent two months are preliminary + 9-month forecast)
The prices shown are average transaction prices, defined based on data reported in official trade statistics issued by the indicated countries. Such prices are indicative and do not necessarily characterize particular contract prices, spot transactions or spot bids in the locations specified. Rather, they reflect the average values practiced and are treated in order to remove outliers, in cases where significant distortions from historical tendencies are verified. Outlying prices may occur when quantities traded are small, in cases of errors in the trade statistics or price data reported, or when prices between specific countries (or companies in different countries) are differentiated.
When the release of official statistics of a given chemical is delayed, preliminary prices may also encompass estimations made by Intratec. Such estimations are based on prices fluctuations of (i) main raw materials employed in the production of that chemical; and/or (ii) main products manufactured from that chemical.
The forecast prices presented are based on estimates made by Intratec. Such estimates are derived from correlations with forecasts for (i) prices of main raw materials employed in the production of the chemical; (ii) main products manufactured from the chemical; and/or (iii) official industry/economic indexes.
Finally, prices are expressed considering the International Chamber of Commerce’s Incoterms (FOB - Free on Board;; CIF - Cost, Insurance & Freight; DEL - Delivered), which indicate which costs that price includes. Unless otherwise stated, prices do not include Value Added Tax (VAT). All figures are quoted in US dollars per metric ton (USD/mt).
Available Process Utilities Prices
You will have access to pricing data of the following chemical process utilities:
- Cooling Water
- Demineralized Water
- Inert Gas
- Process Water
- Natural Gas
- Steam (High Pressure)
- Steam (Medium Pressure)
- Steam (Low Pressure)
- Utility Air
Customers may cancel the subscription plan at any time, whenever they want, in a private area in our website. Upon cancelation, recurring payments are immediately interrupted.
Customer will be able to access data until the end of the billing period. Therefore, customer will not be entitled to a refund when canceling a subscription plan.
Short Term Forecast
Subscribers to the full access plan will have access to short term price forecast covering the upcoming 9 months, available for selected chemicals and regions.
Subscribers to the "Chemicals Pricing Data - Full Access - Annual" plan are able to clear doubts with our experts. The technical support is provided as follows:
- Communication is conducted exclusively via email, client will email his doubts and responses will be emailed back by our support team.
- Responses are provided by our support team in 3 business days.
- Technical Support is limited to 4 man-hours from Intratec Experts per month, during subscription term (roughly equivalent to 5 specific questions per month).