This report presents an up-to-date, detailed cost analysis (based on 2017/18 economic data) of Precipitated Silica production from a sodium silicate solution and sulfuric acid. In the process, the sodium silicate solution is treated with sulfuric acid. The solution is precipitated, filtered, washed, and dried, producing Precipitated Silica.
The economic analysis provided in the report targets a United States-based plant and discloses:
- All costs involved in starting a new industrial plant (capital investment):
- Cost of construction:
- Main process units
- Surrounding infrastructure
- Additional owner’s costs
- Working capital
- Plant commissioning and start-up
- Cost of construction:
- All costs surrounding the production of Precipitated Silica:
- Raw materials acquisition & utilities generation (manufacturing variable costs)
- Labor wages, maintenance, operating charges, overhead, taxes and insurance (manufacturing fixed costs)
- Administration, research and product distribution (corporate overhead costs)
- Relevant technical coefficients:
- Raw materials consumption & products generation
- Labor requirements
- Process block flow diagram
- Description of the industrial plant:
- Main process units
- Site infrastructure
Key reference(s): (1) "Silica," Ullmann's Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry, 2012; (2) US Patent 4857289, issued to Degussa in 1989
We highly encourage you to see a preview of this report - you will get a clear notion of the information you will get with this report. This preview shows you report table of contents, abstract, content excerpts, report development methodology and more.
You may add optional analyses and/or data that complement the report Precipitated Silica Production Process - Cost Analysis - Precipitated Silica E11A. Such optionals can only be purchased with this report.
- Plant Construction Cost Breakdown per Discipline
Economic Analysis for Different Capacities
- Get a more detailed perspective on the Plant Construction Cost and understand the impact of direct construction costs and indirect construction costs.
- The analysis presents the plant construction cost divided in direct costs, indirect costs and contingency.
- Direct costs broken down into bare equipment, equipment setting, piping civil, steel, instrumentation & control, electrical, insulation, and painting.
- Indirect costs are divided in engineering & procurement,construction material & indirects, general & administrative overheads and contract fee.
- Buy this optional analysis for USD 149
Project & Construction Implementation Schedule
- Plant cost, broken down into process units (ISBL), process contingency, site infrastructure (OSBL) and project contingency.
- Working capital and additional capital requirements
- Variable and fixed operating costs, as well as depreciation
- Remaining components of product value: corporate overhead and return on capital employed (ROCE)
- Know upfront a preliminary project implementation schedule, encompassing the period from the decision to invest to the start of commercial production.
- Schedule divided in (1) Basic Engineering, (2) Detailed Engineering, (3) Procurement, (4) Construction, and (5) Plant Start-up.
- Buy this optional analysis for USD 199
Economics for Another Plant LocationEconomic Analysis in a Country of Choice
- This supplemental analysis provides capital and production costs related to the process examined in a selected country (e.g. the United States, China, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Japan and Brazil.)
- It reproduces the whole economic analysis of the main report (Capital Cost, Operating Costs, Product Value and Process Economics Summary) for the selected country.
- Know the production cost for another country with the same level of detail of the main report.
- Buy this optional analysis for USD 499
- Clear questions with the experts who wrote this report.
- All responses are provided exclusively via Email.
- All inquiries are provided by Intratec Support Team in 3 business days.
- The support is available for 14 days after report delivery.
- The support is limited to 4 man-hours from Intratec Experts (equivalent to 6 specific questions about the report and optional analysis ordered).
- Buy this support package for USD 499
* Optional Analyses will be delivered as downloadable files only for those who purchase the report in the 'Download as PDF' format Precipitated Silica E11A.
All samples presented cover Polymer Grade (PG) Propylene production from ethylene and raffinate-2 using a metathesis process.
Although these samples do not cover the specific industrial process in which you may be interested in, they clearly demonstrate, in advance, the type of information you will get when you order each optional analysis.
Just click on the button "ADD TO CART", on the right.
You may add optional analyses and/or data that complement the report. You may also request technical support, to clear questions after report delivery.
Login to proceed with your purchase. If you do not have an account, you can create one in less than 1 minute.
Provide us your billing info. Invoices will be issued according to the info provided.
If you registered as a corporate client, you will be redirected to our secure payment provider, FastSpring, which accepts a range of payment options (credit cards, bank transfer, PayPal, Amazon Payments, Proforma Invoice).
Capital Investment Details
Evaluate Other Plant Locations
- Report Introduction: This report presents an up-to-date, detailed cost analysis (based on 2017/18 economic data) of Precipitated Silica production from a sodium silicate solution and sulfuric acid. In the process, the sodium silicate solution is treated with sulfuric acid. The solution is precipitated, filtered, washed, and dried, producing Precipitated Silica.
- Report Price: 1999
- Report Theme: Precipitated Silica
- Report ID: Precipitated Silica E11A
- Report Title: Precipitated Silica Production Process - Cost Analysis
- Report Express Price: 699
- Delivery Time: 10 business days
- Delivery Time Express: 5 business days
- Chemical SEO Name: Precipitated Silica
- Analysis Period (YYYY QX): 2018 Q2
- Download Price: 800
- Report Year: 2017/18