Chart Description. This chart presents Anthraquinone prices in several countries, as follows:
Chart Instructions. Hover the mouse over the series to view the respective Anthraquinone prices plotted. You can filter a given Anthraquinone price series by clicking on the respective legend label, right above the chart.
About Anthraquinone. Anthraquinone (a.k.a. Anthracenedione, Dioxoanthracene) is a polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon and a quinoid compound. It crystallizes as a thin, light yellow to pale yellow needles but can also appear as crystals or powder. It is insoluble in water and soluble in hot organic solvents such as alcohol, ether and acetone. It is easily sublimed without decomposing, a property used in industrial purification. By 2005, the annual production capacity for anthraquinone worldwide was 34 million kilograms.
Chemical Formula. C14H8O2
Commercial Grades. Sublimed; 30% paste (sold on 100% basis); electrical 99.5%
Uses. Anthraquinone is mainly employed as bird repellent, wood pulping reagent and intermediate for dyes and organics.
- Anthracene (gas-phase oxidation)
- Anthracene + sodium dichromate + sulfuric acid (chromate oxidation)
- o-Benzoylbenzoic acid (acid-catalyzed condensation)
- Anthracene + nitric acid (nitric acid oxidation process)
- Naphthoquinone + butadiene (Kawasaki process)
- Benzene + phthalic anhydride + aluminum chloride (Friedel-Crafts reaction)
Derivatives. Anthraquinone is used as raw material in the production of the following derivates: anthrone; aminoanthraquinone; benzanthrone; alizarin; kermes; cochineal; and lac dye.
Methodology. The chemicals pricing data presented are, if not otherwise indicated, volume-weighted average transaction prices including contract and spot transactions in the locations specified. The information provided is obtained from gathering and refining of trade data officially reported for the respective countries (i.e., governmental agencies, institutions related to foreign trade and industry publications). For further details check our Chemicals Pricing Data Methodology.
See More Data ...
- More Anthraquinone Prices
- Download Data in Excel Format
- Customize Chart Currency & Unit
- Download Chart Image as JPEG
- Prices of 134 Chemicals
- Pricing Data in Several Countries
- No Credit Card Required
- Immediate Access